Recycle Today for a Better Tomorrow!
The City of Mt. Shasta, in partnership with the Siskiyou Opportunity Center and John Smith Sanitation, is proud to offer the Blue Bag Recycling Program.
How does the Blue Bag Program work?
- All recyclable items can be co-mingled in the blue bags provided by the City.
- Place your filled blue bags at the curb (3 bags maximum) alongside your trash receptacles by 7:00 A.M. on your regular trash pickup day, on or immediately following the first Monday of each month (see Recycling Schedule.)
- Replacement blue bags will be provided to you for the next month by John Smith Sanitation.
What can be put in the blue bags?
- Plastic - #1 to #7 (please unscrew the caps and discard)
- Aluminum Cans (cat food cans are acceptable)
- Glass (except window glass and drinking glass; and no broken glass please!)
- Aluminum Foil/Pie Tins (Clean)
- Steel Cans
- HDPE Plastic (Milk Jugs)
Please Note: Blue bags that contain items not on the above list (i.e., trash) will not be picked up.
Why should we recycle?
- Conserve Natural Resources
- Protect the Environment
- Reduce Pollution
- Extend Landfill Life
- Reduce Waste
- Control Disposal Costs
If you have any questions or need more bags please call City Hall at (530) 926-7510 or stop by at 305 N. Mt Shasta Boulevard.
How may we help you?
Please Contact Us with any questions, suggestions or concerns.