Matt Melo - Fire Chief
Phone: (530) 926-7546
Fax: (530) 926-0339
305 N. Mt. Shasta Blvd
Mt. Shasta, California 96067
Dispatch Radio Frequency: 151.325 Mhz
The MT. SHASTA CITY FIRE DEPARTMENT proudly protects over 4000 people living in an area of approx four square miles. We operate out of two stations that protect a primarily residential area. Our department is a public department whose members are on a combination of paid and volunteer status.
The Mt. Shasta City Fire Department is made up of two paid staff, 25 volunteers, and 12 explorers, under the leadership of a full-time Chief. Its two fire stations house four pumpers and a rescue unit, and the department responds to about 300 fire and medical emergency calls per year. The department is a partner with all of the other fire protection agencies in Siskiyou County via a mutual aid agreement and also works cooperatively with the US Forest Service, CDF and other fire agencies to reduce fire threats to the community from adjacent forest and wild-land areas.
Fire Code Inspections
To schedule an inspection, call (530) 926-7546.
Business Fire Pre-Plan and Evacuation Plan Assistance
Call (530) 926-7546.
- Weed Fire Department
- Mt Shasta Fire Protection District
- College of the Siskiyous Fire/Emergency Response Department
- U.S. Fire Administration - "Working for a Fire Safe America"
- FireHouse.com - Information on Firefighting, Rescue and EMS
- Shasta-Trinity National Forest
- California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection
- California Local Fire Safe Councils
- Siskiyou County Website
How may we help you?
Please Contact Us with any questions, suggestions or concerns.