John E. Kennedy, Sr.
Deputy City Clerk
The City Clerk's Office works with the City Council, City Manager, City Attorney, Department Heads and the public. The Office of the City Clerk encompasses a broad range of responsibilities including the following:
- Preservation of official City records
- Maintains and retrieves all City documents and Public Record Requests needed by the general public as well as City Staff
- Preparation of City Council Agenda and City Council Minutes
- Processing of documents such as contracts/agreements, recorded documents, resolutions, ordinances and other documents related to carrying out the legislative actions of the City Council
- Fair Political Practices Reporting of Economic Interest, oaths, filings, processing of petitions and referendums
- Maintenance of the Mt. Shasta Municipal Code
- Preparation and submission of Public Hearing Notices to the newspaper
- Assisting in the recruitment of residents who are interested in serving on various commissions and committees by accepting Applications for Appointment to Committees and Commissions
- Assists in the preparation and distribution of the Agendas for the various City Council Advisory Committees
- Receiving and opening bids for City projects
- Coordinating with the Siskiyou County Clerk during all General Municipal Elections for the City, which involves candidate filing papers
Related Links for Further Information and Contact Information
- Contact Us
- Elected Officials
- Voter Registration
- City Council & Planning Commission Meeting Dates
- Commissions & Committees
- Agendas & Minutes
- California Government Codes
How may we help you?
Please Contact Us with any questions, suggestions or concerns.