David H Smith
(530) 938-4441 voice mail and building inspection line
Inspections are available Monday-Thursday by 24-hour notice
Call (530) 938-4441
No inspections on Friday
The purpose of the City of Mt. Shasta's Building Department is to enforce the minimum requirements to safeguard the public health, safety and general welfare through structural strength, means of egress facilities, stability, access to persons with disabilities, sanitation, adequate lighting and ventilation and energy conservation; safety to life and property from fire and other hazards attributed to the built environment; and to provide safety to firefighters and emergency responders during emergency operations.
New Construction Connection Fees
Customers will not be allowed to prepay Connection Capacity charges. Payment will only be accepted when a Building Permit is issued.
Building Codes & Related Links
- California Building Officials
- California Building Standards Commission
- California Contractors License Board
- California Division of State Architects Board
- California Energy Efficiency Standards
- California Housing and Community Development
- California Legislation
- California Office of Emergency Services
- California Office of the State Fire Marshal
- California Seismic Safety Commission
- California Stormwater Quality Handbooks
- International Code Council (ICC)
- Sacramento Valley Chapter (ICC)
How may we help you?
Please Contact Us with any questions, suggestions or concerns.