Welcome to Mt. Shasta
Northern California's Most Desirable Live, Work, and Play Community!
Friday, July 25th, 2014
Our mission is to maintain the character of our "small town" community while striking an appropriate balance between economic development and preservation of our quality of life. We help create a dynamic and vital City by providing quality, cost-effective municipal services and by forming partnerships with residents and organizations in the constant pursuit of excellence.
Volcanic Legacy Scenic Byway
One of just 27 All American Roads in the United States, the Volcanic Legacy Scenic Byway connects Lassen Volcanic National Park in Northern California and Crater Lake National Park in Southern Oregon. The City's Roseburg property development plans include the proposed future site of the Volcanic Legacy Scenic Byway Discovery Center.
Visit Mt. Shasta, California
The Mount Shasta region is one of Northern California's fastest growing locations for destination vacationing—from luxury resort retreats to wilderness camping. Nature lovers, extreme sports enthusiasts, family vacationers and retirees, can all enjoy the vast recreational opportunities our region has to offer.
- NEW! The Law and You: What You Want to Know About Your Business and Citizen Rights
- Download formal presentation materials, hydrology letter, hydrology review, and questions from the public regarding the proposed Crystal Geyser project under the jurisdiction of the Siskiyou County Board of Supervisors, shared publicly at the March 24th City Council Meeting. For additional information please access the Crystal Geyser website.
- Learn more about Water Conservation.
Community Notification Enrollment
- City Firefighter
- The Alternative Transportation Advisory Committee has one (1) volunteer position available. Applications will be accepted through 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, August 1, 2014. Interested parties, please contact City Hall at 926-7510, or stop by Mt. Shasta City Hall.
- Anyone interested in volunteering to help the Beautification Committee with projects or workdays may contact Committee Member Paul Boerger @ (530) 926-0304.
- The Downtown Enhancement Advisory Committee (DEAC) (formerly the Parking & Business Improvement Area Advisory Committee) currently has four (4) vacancies. Interested parties, please contact City Hall at 926-7510, or stop by Mt. Shasta City Hall.
Mark Your Calendar
- City Council meetings are held at the Mt. Shasta Community Building, 629 Alder Street, on the second and fourth Mondays of each month, 5:30 pm.
- Planning Commission meetings are held at the Mt. Shasta Community Building, 629 Alder Street, on the third Tuesday of each month, 7:00 pm.
City Council and Planning Commission meetings are re-broadcast on MCTV15 and on our online stream at SiskiyouMediaCouncil.org, as follows: 7 am Thursdays, 10 pm Fridays, and 1 pm Saturdays. In addition, previous month's meetings are available for a limited time via Video on Demand. The City is responsible for live broadcast during the meetings. Audio-only recordings are also available: listen to the most recent Council Meeting.
Living Smart in Bear Country
With the coming of spring, so too comes the migration of black bears. Each spring the bears migrate back through our community to their summer grounds. The incidence of bears frequenting Mt. Shasta City neighborhoods is increasing. The following document provides information on the type of bear in our area and how you can prevent them from visiting your property for an extended length of time. Download black bear guide.
- Frequently Requested Telephone Numbers
- Mt. Shasta Chamber of Commerce
- Mt Shasta Recreation & Parks
- Mt Shasta Visitor's Bureau
- Mt. Shasta Sisson Museum
- Mt. Shasta Trail Association
- Siskiyou County
- Mt. Shasta Elementary School
- Sisson Middle School
- Mt. Shasta High School
- Local area newspapers: Mt. Shasta Herald and Siskiyou Daily News
- Mountain Community Television Channel 15
- Low Income Housing Resources
- Home Weatherization Program, Great Northern Corporation
- Black Butte Transfer Station (Dump) and John Smith Sanitation
Recycle for a Better Tomorrow
How may we help you?
Please Contact Us with any questions, suggestions or concerns.