Welcome to Mt. Shasta
Northern California's Most Desirable Live, Work, and Play Community!
Thursday, December 12th, 2013
Our mission is to maintain the character and resources of our 'small town' community while striking an appropriate balance between economic development and preservation of our quality of life.
Volcanic Legacy Scenic Byway
One of just 27 All American Roads in the United States, the Volcanic Legacy Scenic Byway connects Lassen Volcanic National Park in Northern California and Crater Lake National Park in Southern Oregon. The City's Roseburg property development plans include the proposed future site of the Volcanic Legacy Scenic Byway Discovery Center.
- Parking and Frequently Asked Questions About Snowplowing in the City of Mt. Shasta (10-31-2013)
Winter Safety Precautions from the Mt. Shasta Fire Department (11-12-2013)
- NEW! ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS: Alma Street Rehabilitation Project. Download information (PDF file)
- NEW! City of Mt. Shasta Police Department Request for Proposal for Vehicle Replacement. Download RFP, Bid Form and Specifications(PDF file)
- NEW! Applications are now available and are being accepted for volunteer positions on the Mt. Shasta Alternative Transportation Advisory Committee, Library Committee & Planning Commission. These committees serve to assist the Mt. Shasta City Council. Applications are being accepted from registered voters who are residents of Mt. Shasta or the 96067 zip code. Applications will be accepted through 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, December 3rd, 2013. Download application or view advertisement.
Community Notification Enrollment
- City Firefighter
- Anyone interested in volunteering to help the Beautification Committee with projects or workdays may contact Committee Member Paul Boerger @ (530) 926-0304.
- The Alternative Transportation Advisory Committee (ATAC) currently has two (2) vacancies. Interested parties, please contact City Hall at 926-7510, or stop by Mt. Shasta City Hall. View flyer.
- The Parking & Business Improvement Area Advisory Committee (PBIAAC) currently has three (3) vacancies. Interested parties, please contact City Hall at 926-7510, or stop by Mt. Shasta City Hall. View flyer.
Mark Your Calendar
- City Council meetings are held at the Mt. Shasta Community Building, 629 Alder Street, on the second and fourth Mondays of each month, 6:30 pm.
- Planning Commission meetings are held at the Mt. Shasta Community Building, 629 Alder Street, on the third Tuesday of each month, 7:00 pm.
City Council and Planning Commission meetings are re-broadcast on MCTV15 and on our online stream at SiskiyouMediaCouncil.org, as follows: 7 am Thursdays, 10 pm Fridays, and 1 pm Saturdays. In addition, previous month's meetings are available for a limited time via Video on Demand. The City is responsible for live broadcast during the meetings. Audio-only recordings are also available: listen to the most recent Council Meeting.
Living Smart in Bear Country
With the coming of spring, so too comes the migration of black bears. Each spring the bears migrate back through our community to their summer grounds. The incidence of bears frequenting Mt. Shasta City neighborhoods is increasing. The following document provides information on the type of bear in our area and how you can prevent them from visiting your property for an extended length of time. Download black bear guide.
City of Mt. Shasta Property for Sale
The former Roseburg Mill Site property which traverses South Mt. Shasta Boulevard at the south end of the city limits is currently for sale. Contact the City Manager at (530) 926-7510 for details.
- Frequently Requested Telephone Numbers
- Mt. Shasta Chamber of Commerce
- Mt Shasta Recreation & Parks
- Mt Shasta Visitor's Bureau
- Mt. Shasta Sisson Museum
- Siskiyou County
- Business Incentives - Enterprise Zone
- Shasta Cascade Wonderland Association
- Mt. Shasta Elementary School
- Sisson Middle School
- Mt. Shasta High School
- Local area newspapers: Mt. Shasta Herald and Siskiyou Daily News
- Mountain Community Television Channel 15
- Black Butte Transfer Station (Dump) and John Smith Sanitation
Recycle for a Better Tomorrow
How may we help you?
Please Contact Us with any questions, suggestions or concerns.